VET LOVES FOOD - Rethink Reduce Reuse
Project Code: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-VET-000025377
Funding Programme: Eramsus+ KA220-VET - Cooperation partnerships in vocational
education and training
Start and End Date: 28/02/2022 - 27/02/2024
Link to project website: currently not available
Link to social media: currently not available
Coordinator: Confederación Española de Centros de Enseñanza Asociación C.E.C.E. (Spain) - http://www.cece.es/
- Mentortec Serviços de apoio a projetos tecnologico SA (Portugal) - http://mentortec.eu/
- CEPROF –Centro Escolares de Ensino Profissional Lda (Portugal) - http://www.espe.pt/
- Holding Hostelería SA (Spain) - http://www.escuelahosteleria.com/
- Learningdigital SRL (Italy) - http://www.learningdigital.eu/
- ENAIP Veneto (Italy) - http://www.enaip.veneto.it/
- EVTA – European Vocational Training Association (Belgium) - https://www.evta.eu/
VETLOVESFOOD – Rethink Reduce Reuse is a new project basing on the broader framework of the LIFE FOSTER project and aiming at supporting awareness-raising about the fight against food waste in the catering sector and in VET centres. It is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme, specifically in the context of Key Action 2 – VET, regarding cooperation partnership in vocational education and training.
Our food systems today account for nearly one-third of global GHG emissions, consume large amounts of natural resources, resulting in biodiversity loss and negative health impacts, and do not allow fair economic returns and livelihoods for all actors, in particular for primary producers. VET LOVES FOOD is encompassed in the “Rethink, Reduce, Reuse mentality”, with the aim of developing green skills competencies regarding food waste, developing green sectorial skills strategies and methodologies, as well as future-oriented curricula that better meet labor and community needs.
Addresses to VET students - that are chefs-to-be, trainers, staff, and authorities, VETLOVESFOOD is focused on producing the following results:
- A VET Curriculum in agri-food sector for the development of green skills oriented to food
waste prevention and sustainable food production. In order to achieve this result, it will be carried out a research on the skills required by the job market, and it will be also organized one focus group for each participant country to involve both trainers and chefs/other food professionals.
- A hands-on Manual for preventing food waste and valorising traditional recipes and local products for professionals, trainers and private citizens.
- A European HUB for food waste prevention and food waste management: it will be an online platform as a repository of tools and resources, a community of trainers and students, and a digital learning environment
- VETLOVESFOOD Replication Path: final phase of research and adaptation of the VETLOVESFOOD training model to ensure its replicability and application in other European countries, with related guidelines for external stakeholders, VET centres and VET Authorities
It is expected to involve, during the project life span, at least 50 VET centres, and to reach at least 500 students. Other local stakeholders such as professional, restaurants, and policymakers, will be involved by the model developed within the project in a complex and proactive action that could be adapted to different contexts and needs.
The broader objective is to engage local stakeholders in the challenge of attaining the Sustainable Development Goals.
In this way, the project will contribute to the improvement of the quality of VET offers in Europe and will generate a real impact on the community.