METVET - JOINT HIGHER VET COURSE IN THE METAL SECTOR
Project Title: METVET - JOINT HIGHER VET COURSE IN THE METAL SECTOR
Project Code: 597806-EPP-1-2018-1-EL-EPPKA3-VET-JQ
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA3
Start and End Date: 01/10/2018 – 31/12/2020
Link to project website: www.metvet.eu
Link to social media:
Sivitanidios School of Trades & Vocations, Greece
- The Small Enterprises’ Institute of the Hellenic Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen and Merchants (IME GSEVEE), Greece
- Panhellenic Federation of Craftsmen in Aluminium and Metal Constructions (POVAS), Greece
- ENAIP NET, Italy
- European Vocational Training Association (EVTA), Belgium
- Institute for the Promotion of Technical & Vocational Education & Training (IFB), Germany
- TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas, Greece
The MET-VET project aims at a competence-based professional generic profile served as a basis for designing competence-based training programs. The underlying idea is that vocational education should enable students/trainees to acquire the competences needed in their future professions. While working as professionals, they should continue to develop their competences so that they are able to react to and to anticipate future developments their work.
The project specifically aims at one hand designing, for Aluminium & Metal Constructions technicians including:
- a professional (qualification) profile &bull a core curriculum (EQF 5)
- a corresponding VET program, including innovative teaching methods
- a qualification standard (according to SO/IEC17024) for evaluation and certification.
The project’s primary target groups are skilled workers and technical experts, related VET graduates and undergraduates students or unemployed related technicians. However, project’s beneficiaries will be also, Chambers & Social Partners, VET providers and of course related technical companies.
Foreseen actions to be carried out:
- Research on today’s training needs as well as new requirements of the labour market for aluminium manufacturers / installers
- Creating a common transnational professional profile for aluminium manufacturers / installers with particular emphasis on green skills as well as those related to energy saving.
- Develop a 2-year joint transnational curriculum (EQF level 5) focused on the workplace that will enhance learner-to-business contact, aiming to provide trainees with necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Development of an appropriate mechanism and procedures according to ISO 17024, for assuring the quality and certification of the acquired knowledge, skills and competences, allowing an easy implementation of the ECVET procedure.
- Mobilization of stakeholders.