The Erasmus+ project EXPLAIN provides a suite of online and paper based resources designed to help students of all levels to improve their skills in the areas of study, oral presentations, understanding numbers and infographics and writing summaries and syntheses.
Map Your Knowledge, teaches how to become an independent learner:
- planning and organising learning activities
- applying effective learning strategies
- memorise and organise information
- using mind and concept maps to develop and represent ideas and concepts.
Sinthesise Text, teaches methods and techniques useful to
- structure texts, organise notes and process information
- write a summary or synthesis
- summarise audio and video contents
in your own words from one or more sources, either when you have to write essays or give oral presentations
Easy to read student handbooks, online articles, video tutorials, informative animations, self –assessment tools are free and available online at www.explainwell.org
Handle Numbers, teaches how to interpret and represent numbers and data
- creating graphs with spreadsheets and online applications
- creating infographics using numbers, texts, images, drawings and videos in a creative way
so you can present information in a creative and interesting way supporting your talks or presentations.
Speack Easy, teaches how to
- prepare talks and visuals
- communicate knowledge in an effective way when you speak in public
- argue and handle questions from an audience
so you can perform better in oral exams or presentations.
The Quick Guide contains the main points from all four modules and can be used by students to quickly review the material.
The Handbook for Teacher is designed to help teachers to use the Explain resources in the classroom. It contains some tips and examples of how to integrate the material into lessons as well as some tools to assess key competences.
Mapledge, a software accessible freely online to create and share both mind and concept maps at: www.mapledge.eu.
Are you interested to learn more?
If you want to learn more about the project, please contact:
ENAIP Friuli Venezia Giulia
Tools and resources for students to improve study, presentations skills and public speaking