Titolo progetto: Empowering SMEs for their digital transformation (#SMEsGoDigital)
Codice progetto: 2021-1-EL01-KA220-VET-000033235
Programma/Canale di finanziamento: Erasmus+ KA2
Data inizio e data fine: 01-11-2021 - 01-11-2023
Link sito web del progetto:
Link ai social del progetto:
COORDINATOR: INSTITOUTO MIKRON EPICHIRISEON GENIKIS SYNOMOSPONDIAS EPAGGELMATION BIOTECHNON EMPORON ELLADOS IMEGSEBEE – (IME GSEVEE); Greece
- MATHESIS FOR FUTURE CITIZENS PC (Mathesis4FC); Greece
- ENTE CONFEDERALE DI ISTRUZIONE PROFESSIONALE PER L'ARTIGIANATO E LE PICCOLE IMPRESE ASSOCIAZIONE SENZA FINE DI LUCRO (ECIPA); Italy
- ENAIP Veneto; Italy
- PIMEC PETITA I MITJANA EMPRESA DE C ATALUNYA (PIMEC); Spain
- ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE POUR LA FORMATION PROFESSIONNELLE; Belgium
The emerging “new” world sweeps away the “old economy” setting a prevailing role for innovation and ICT. SMEs, despite comprising the backbone of EU economy and playing a vital role for its growth and development, are in the midst of this global transition towards a digital economy and society lagging behind its tremendous benefits and potential, especially for the micro & small ones and the self-employed.
This digital gap has increased inequalities allowing for an increased inclusiveness gap since SMEs make the most of the industrial fabric in many EU countries creating the majority of jobs and being the cement of inclusive and sustainable societies.
COVID-19 pandemic has further hindered traditional ways of doing business, highlighting their vulnerability and increasing the necessity and pace for change and adaptation to the distance economy disruption apart from the challenges posed by the digital transformation of the emerging 4th Industry Revolution.
This unpreparedness of SMEs to harness the potential benefits in productivity and competitiveness deriving from adopting digital technologies for inclusive growth results from their lack of support and orientation to identify their needs or the value proposition and understand the potential game changer the digital ecosystem provides. SMEs are often not aware of innovation potentials, struggle to understand what to digitalize, which technology to use, how to prioritize goals, and which organizational changes (e.g. skills and roles) are required. This highlights the need for systematic guidance through support units.
AIMS AND TARGET
#SMEsGoDigital project strategic objectives is to provide a supportive ecosystem in the form of a Tech hub, a one-stop-place for stakeholders providing awareness, orientation and digital competence to guide our target groups, micro & SMEs manpower and self-employed, through their digital transformation of their business models.
SMEs will get the chance to learn about best practices and real-life examples at EU level including up- and re-skilling opportunities in one place. As a result, the platform will play a strategic role in addressing the digital transformation (DT) of SMEs challenge for support in guidance and orientation while building their digital capacity.
The following activities are planned to create the #SMEsGoDigital Tech Hub:
- DESIGN – the online platform will be designed, including the supportive orientation programme and the competence-based e-course;
- DEVELOPMENT - the online platform will be created, including the supportive orientation programme and the competence-based e-course;
- PILOTING – the pilot testing of the platform and its resources will help identify the issues related to the various components of the Tech hub and inform about how user-friendly the platform is;
- SUSTAINABILITY PLAN - will be created a roadmap for achieving long-term goals and will be defined strategies for the sustainability of the services offered by the #SMEsGoDigital tools.