MigrAID–Educating Social Partners Toward Ethnic Diversity in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
Project Title: MigrAID – Educating Social Partners Toward Ethnic Diversity in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
Project Code: 2016-1-CY1-KA202-017367
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2
Start and End Date: 01/01/2016 – 31/07/2019
Link to project website: https://migraid.eu/
Link to social media:
1 Coordinator: Cyprus Labour Institute (INEK-PEO), Cyprus
- Action for Equality, Support, Antiracism (KISA), Cyprus
- Institute of Labour of the General Confederation of Greek Workers(INE/GSEE), Greece
- Small Enterprise’s Institute of the Hellenic Confederation of Professional Craftsmen AE (IME/GSEVEE), Greece
- Università degli Studi di Milano (UMIL), Italy
- ENAIP Veneto Impresa Sociale (ENAIP Veneto I.S.), Italy
- Iriv Conseil, France
- Videnscenter for Integration (VIFIN), Denmark
The MigrAID project addresses the issue of ethnic diversity management within company contexts, demonstrating that through careful, conscious and inclusive management of human resources it is possible to create a more serene working environment for employees, which is, at the same time, more productive for the company.
In order to promote the real integration of migrants in Europe, it is necessary to ensure their professionalintegration, which is essential for them to maintain an independent life and contribute to the development of the territory where they are received.
It is therefore a priority to act on the business contexts most affected by the phenomenon of integration of foreign labour force, i.e. Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). To be effective, company action must be characterised by a constant and collaborative dialogue between trade unions, employers and employees.
Issues such as ethnic diversity, inclusion, diversity in the workplace, inequality, discrimination and conflict resolution were addressed and elaborated in the project. The tools produced during the project activity all have in common the objective of "training" the parties involved in the dialogue:
- VOCATIONAL TRAINING MATERIAL FOR THE SOCIAL PARTNERS ON THE ISSUE OF ETHNIC DIVERSITY IN SMES
- A TRAINING CURRICULUM ON DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT FOR THE SOCIAL PARTNERS
- A GUIDE TO ETHNIC DIVERSITY FOR SMES
- A GAME THAT TRAINS CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN CORPORATE CONTEXTS
- A DIGITAL LEARNING PLATFORM
Because the integration of migrants is a European phenomenon which, only if managed with awareness and competence, can offer benefits to all stakeholders.
Because in a fluid and constantly changing society, recognizing that one can acquire new skills and abilities offers ways of growth and change, both in mentality and in the values that are conveyed, even in work contexts.
Because Europe is calling for concrete action and the MigrAID project has been named as a project bringing good practices, which can be adopted and replicated in many contexts.